126 S. Clark St.
Forest City, IA 50436
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The County Attorney DOES:
- Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
- Provide legal advice to the Board of Supervisors and county and township officers concerning county matters.
- Represent and defend the state, county and its officers in officially related cases.
- Recover all monies (debts, fines, penalties, etc.) owing to the state or county.
- Present all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and child in need of assistance cases.
The Winnebago County Attorney is a full-time County Attorney and DOES NOT:
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against lawsuits, including actions for dissolution of marriage.
- Prepare wills, deeds, or other legal documents for private individuals.
For Questions about jury duty, paying fines, or traffic violations please contact the Clerk of Court at 641-585-4520.