Dust Control Permit
Winnebago County maintains over 750 miles of unpaved roads, which can become dusty in the summer months. Apply for a Dust Control permit to help!
- Contact an Approved Contractor to obtain a Winnebago County Permit
- Submit a signed permit and fee to the contractor:
- Fee is $25 before May 15
- Fee is $50 after May 15
- Schedule dust control with contractor
14711 210th Street
Mason City, Iowa 50401
1840 Margaretha Ave.
Albert Lea, MN 56007
421 Railroad Ave
Palmer, IA 50571
Services Provided by the County
- Gravel county roads will be bladed county-wide throughout the summer months.
- The contractor will notify the county prior to application so the area can be prepared for dust control application
- Dust-controlled areas will be reworked as necessary to maintain a safe roadway. Special efforts will be made to avoid blading in those areas to maximize the useful life of the dust control agents.