Welcome to our new Winnebago County website!
First Steps Parent Education
First Steps Winnebago County is a parent education program that comes to you in the comfortable environment of your own home at no cost to you.
Designed for prenatal families and preschool families, professionally trained Parent Educators will meet with you weekly at a time that works with your schedule and offer support and education tailored to your family’s needs and interests. We use the Parents as Teachers curriculum and work on building your knowledge of all aspects of your child’s development. Both fun and practical, our program aims to grow your knowledge base and develop your confidence as a parent.
Here is a little of what you can expect at a weekly home visit:
- Prenatal information and education
- Engaging activity ideas to do with your child
- Child development resources and information
- Connections to community resources
- Developmental screenings
- Family goal planning
Let us join you in your parenting journey! Call 641-585-4763 for more information.
- Parents as Teachers
- Child Passenger Safety
- Parenting Programs (Iowa State University Extension and Outreach)
- Count the Kicks
- The Period of Purple Crying